Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Easy Marshmallow Valentine Treats

A couple of weeks ago I was at the Dollar Tree and found some packages of cute Valentine cupcake holders and they came with a set of heart picks for only $1.  Score! So I grabbed a couple of packages.

I was originally going to use them as….wait for it…..cupcakes with picks in them.

Well, I have a hard time following the rules so I did make the cupcakes for dessert at church tonight and will decorate them, but I thought the picks would be cute used a little differently.

IMG_2169I got  some strawberry marshmallows, dipped them in some melted chocolate and  sprinkled them with some little nonpariels.

It took all of about 10 minutes. Not too shabby, eh?

IMG_2178Then I poked those sweet little marshmallows with the heart picks and now they are all dressed and ready for church tonight. 

L.O.V.E.

IMG_2206Have you seen the new roaster marshmallows that are as big as your head? Ok,  maybe not that big, but they are about 4 times the size of a normal big marshmallow. HUGE. Yum!

I did the same with them for Josiah’s Valentine party at school. I placed each one in a clear cellophane bag {I love those bags} and tied them with a cute bow. I think we will add a little tag this weekend to make them even sweeter.  I’m sure the kids will love them!

Do you have any special valentine treats in the works?

1-signature


This post is linked to: Crazy Domestic, Weekend Roundup    


.

24 comments:

  1. I am so not creative enough to come up with things like this! They are so cute ani may just have to make some myself to give to family and friends. My son would love to help as well!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny you posted these because I am making these for Maddy's party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and easy! I bought a few bags of the big marshmallows a while by with the plan to make something fun...but I ended up eating most of them with a little peanut butter smeared on them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla~ great minds think alike, right?

    Kelli~ Well, the bag has like 28 in it and I only need 12 for Josiah's class so I am definitely going to keep that PB idea in mind. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - these are amazing! Where has your blog been all my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE! I am so making these for our childcare party on Monday! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love marshmallows! These are wonderful. I want to get some marshmallows and make them tomorrow. Thank you for sharing :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute and simple.
    Great idea...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those turned out really cute! I am going to have to keep this as an idea with my homemade marshmallows. So cool. I have some valentine ideas that I have posted on www.joyofjello.com
    P.S. I found you via your link on tatertots and jello.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these for my sons pre-school class on his birthday. Love the Idea of making them for Valentines. By the Way I added this link to my blog. Hope thats OK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these...so cute! Just found your blog today loving your posts!

    Michelle
    http://notrefinishedyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! I just discovered you through Crazy Domestic. This is an adorable idea, and one that would work great for other holidays. I may be taking these to my son's preschool class for St. Patrick's Day. Thanks for sharing and God bless!

    carolyn3737(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you know where I can buy the huge marshmallows? Are they a Target/Walmart type purchase? I live in New York City, so locating "specialty" things like these are sometimes a challenge! Even regular marshmallows can be tricky to get my hands on sometimes haha.

    shortcourt26 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute idea! I'm going to make these and add to a center piece I'm doing for Valentine's Day party this year...thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a wonderful idea. They are so cute and are sure to be a hit with anyone who loves marshmallows. My kids are going to love these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What kind of chocolate did you use to melt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just melted semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave, but I am sure you could use milk or dark chocolate too.

      Delete
  17. Just wanted to let you know that we featured your Valentine Treat on our blog.

    http://stylememodern.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! I shared it on a blog I have for our local Homemakers, Hope that was ok. Here is the link....http://kentuckyhomemakervalentinesdaypages.blogspot.com/2014/01/easy-marshmallow-valentine-treats.html
    If that wasn't o.k. let me know and I will delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Wanted to say that I found it on Pinterest, but it is being sort of linked into a site that looks spammy--you might want to check it out and write a cease and desist if they're taking your content. Here's the link: http://www.foodideasrecipes.com/stores/2014-easy-diy-marshmallow-valentine-treats-cupid-s-arrow-valentine-s-day-food-ideas-1389182163,1489.html I tracked you down after finding the crappy site. I hate that. But I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsten! I took a look and it looks like a site similar to Pinterest, but just for food. I appreciate you letting me know! Blessings!

      Delete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!