Monday, November 16, 2009

Quick little shelf makeover

I had this little shelf that I had bought on clearance at Home Goods a while back for like $5, but I never had a place for it. I needed a shelf in my bathroom, but it didn't quite fit {being black and all} so I gave it a cheap little makeover. So cheap I only spent the original $5, nothing more.


Here is the original shelf. Cute, but not what I needed.


DSCF6435


I gave it a nice coat of white paint and roughed up the edges a little to make it a little distressed {since it's bounded to look that way eventually}.


DSCF7778


I used some scrapbook paper I had to fill the two square glass pieces. I just painted on some mod podge, place the paper on top and let that dry. Then I put on a top coat to seal them. I also used some oil rubbed bronze spray paint that I had to paint the brass hooks.


DSCF7794

Voila! New shelf that matches my bathroom.

Go check out Kimba's DIY day and Today's creative blog and Trash to Treasure Tuesday for more DIY ideas.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the wonders of spray paint! It totally transformed that shelf, I love it! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty in white and I love the scrapbook paper you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the before... but then I saw the after! You did great! I like it a lot better now!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it mazing how something can change so dramatically with color! It looks beautiful!

    have a wonderful day!

    Stop by my blog if you get a chance and enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Again Alisa,
    Awesome job on the shelf,
    came out beautifully!
    You go girl!
    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que buen trabajo hicite con esta repisa, me encantó te felicito con cariño Chany de Argentina

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!