Monday, October 12, 2009

A little lamp makeover

I've been looking for a "real" lamp to put in the boys room, but didn't want to pay much for it.  They currently have one of those little spinny ones that Corban got when he was born, but he still loves it. 

Well, I didn't want it to be total junk even though I didn't really want to spend much on it so when I ran across this little lamp on clearance at Kmart {Martha's brand no less} for only $2.50 I snatched it up. 

DSCF6683


I knew I had leftover paint from the frames I painted for their room so the brassy color wouldn't last long. I then proceeded to find this little lamp shade for only $3.00 at Walmart. $5.50 for a nice little lamp....not too shabby.

DSCF6842


I dressed up the shade with leftover fabric from the valance I made for the boys room and voila....a nice little makeover.



DSCF6834

I made a little star that says "Let your light so shine before men" and attached it with a little ribbon. Love it!

go check out Shabby Chic Cottage's Transformation Thursday











14 comments:

  1. Hi Alisa,
    Love what you did to the lamp.
    It came out really cute, love the
    star you tied on as well.
    Great idea!!
    How are you doing on your Proverbs
    reading?? I read in Proverbs a lot.
    In fact, I try to read it for whatever day of the month it is too. Lot to be learned in that book.
    Have a great day hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so cute! Makes you feel great when you can do something on a shoestring that turns out so adorable! Great Job!

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it & love the verse on the star... it really completes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little lamp...red is such a good color for boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable. Love the color, love the shade, LOVE the tag! Thanks for linking up to Trash to Treasure Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious lamp! Love the pillow ticking fabric you used on the shade and that little star is just the touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this lamp! I love the star addition, what a great message every time you turn on the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhhh - this is fantastic. Found you via trans thur! Can't wait to peruse your whole blog - this is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out so cute! I love the fabric and the star, nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh!! This is very pretty and nicely done. I love all the special details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que maravilla te quedó preciosa la lámpara muy hermosa y original!! Un abrazo desde Argentina Chany.-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Que maravilla te quedó preciosa la lámpara muy hermosa y original!! Un abrazo desde Argentina Chany.-

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!