Thursday, March 18, 2010

More Ruffles

I love making ruffles! 

IMG_4075
I'm so glad there are some baby girls {and will be more this summer} around to make them for. My Brittney has never really been a ruffly kinda girl, but I am. 

IMG_4086
I had the privileged of creating a birthday present for a sweet little girl who turned one last week and this is what I came up with. 

IMG_4066
Loved the ruffles on the back side, but I thought the front need a little something so I whipped up this little ruffled flower and sewed it on too! 

I had fun, unfortunately I'm a serious procrastinator and I made this the night before. There is NO natural light going on at midnight to take decent photos with so sorry the lighting is horrible.

IMG_4063

This was very simple. I used knit fabric so there was no need to hem anything. Just cut, gather and attach for the ruffles. The flower is just circles cut from the knit fabric and I folded them in 1/4's and layered them together at the center and stitched. I made a button with the same fabric and hand sewed it on. Simple and easy, but very cute!

I made it Thursday at Everything Esty
Tea Rose home 
Somewhat Simple 
Get your craft on Thursday 
Creative Cats
Kojo Designs 
DIY Day
Today's creative Blog 

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. So sweet! My daughter isn't the ruffly type either...but I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really cute gift. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is so stinking cute!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sign me up...I mean Maddy :) She will be a ruffly girl if I have anything to do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet. I wish my princess was still a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very cute!!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft On Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I wish my girls were little again - just for awhile. Cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We so appreciated being the recipient of this precious onsie!! I can't wait for the warm weather to return so she can dawn it in all her redheaded creamy skinned glory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is just too cute! Love it! How did you make the ruffled flower?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is simply adorable. Not too much, perfect touch on the front. Your pics still look great. I just now *rolling my eyes* figured out the natural light thing...such better pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe. I made the ruffle bumsies too. I love how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my cuteness!!! I love those little ruffles! You are making me want to hold a baby{a happy one}. Lol.

    Thanks for linking to Creative Cats!

    XOXO,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute ruffles. So fun

    Thanks for sharing this cute project with us!

    OXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!