Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My week {and new ruffled fabric covered journals}

Spring has arrived and by Friday it should feel like summer...really! Remember the 8" of snow we got last weekend? Well, it finally all melted and now it should be in the mid 80's by Friday....crazy! I'm certainly not complaining because I can't wait to open up the windows and air out the house. 

I ♥ having the windows open and breathing the spring air!

Last week I got my vanity and new doors and drawer fronts painted in my bathroom. I'm excited to share the finished product, but I want to get the tiling on the counter top done first. I planned to do it the end of last week, but my mother in law came in town for the weekend and I decided it best not to make our main bathroom unusable for the weekend. Pretty thoughtful of me, huh? 

Well, the sink is out and I am ready to tile the counter top in the morning! Hopefully by Thursday I'll have something to show you. 

Maybe good....maybe bad.... only time will tell. 

I've never tiled anything before, but I've read lots and it doesn't seem too hard. What's the worst that could happen? really? We would have to tear it out and buy a new counter top....I'll take the risk.  

Maybe by the end of the week the yard will no longer be a swamp and I can get out there and clean up some of the flower beds.....they look sad. 

2010-03-29

I did manage to finally get some of these little ruffled fabric covered journals posted in my shop. I really love them. It makes jotting down a grocery list a little more pleasurable.

IMG_4406

Since we will hit the 80's by the end of the week, I decided it would be a good idea to switch over the boys clothes today. This was about 15 minutes into the project. Piles, piles, piles!

I got up in the attic and got a wild idea to bring down the 1529 tubs of boys clothes we currently have and organize them. {I saved you the agony of a picture of that disaster} It took a few hours, but they are now nicely organized by size and season. 

I got rid of a bunch of stuff and packed up the rest and labeled them all. I did come to the realization that Corban must have worn size 7/8 for a L O N G time because there is a ton of that size. When Josiah gets there...he will be set for quite a while {he'll probably skip that size altogether :)}

That's pretty much my week in a nutshell....how about you?

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy reading all of your lovely comments? I do....it brightens my day!


This post is linked up to:

Sumo's sweet stuff



Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Isn't this weather fabulous?! I'm ready to have our windows open too. Nothing like a little fresh air in the house :)

    Those journals are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those ruffled journals . . . so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is better with a ruffle!! I never would have thought to put on a journal. Gorgeous!

    Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those journals! Going over to take a peek at them right now. I'm looking for a cute journal to take to a blogging conference in May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable! The perfect spot for writing down important thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your journals, very very pretty! Glad to find your blog as well!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on the Everything Etsy I Made It! Blog Party. Your journals are adorable and I love your Etsy Shop. Brandi @ Tweedle Dee Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them especially the floral with stripes

    ReplyDelete
  9. The journals are so pretty, and much better than the scraps of paper I use all the time! LOL

    I understand the clothes...I have two boys!

    Thanks for joining us!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely delightful! I love the ruffles. I hopped over from Everything Etsy and am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one soon. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those journals are just precious, good job! I am a sucker for ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing and bringing your hodgepodge to my party. I love seeing what you are up to. Hope to see you again.
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted you to know that I featured you on my blog! Grab the button!
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!