Friday, February 26, 2010

Fast and Easy Boys Shirt Refashion

IMG_3269

My boys are picky about their clothes. 

Especially Josiah. 

They both really like shirts with stuff on them. Doesn't really matter what it is just so long as it isn't plain. Back when Corban had absolutely no opinion about clothing, he wore plain colored shirts or stripes and such, but Josiah can't bare the thought of wearing any of those boring hand me down shirts. 

So.....
Ever since I saw this post over at Make it and Love it a while back I've been wanting to try something similar with some of the "boring" plain shirts we have.

It only took about 20 minutes, a plain shirt, some old t-shirts to cut up, some interfacing, the iron and my mad sewing skills to whip this little shirt out. I love using the knit fabric because it won't fray when it's washed and you don't have to be perfect about it {even better!}

Josiah helped with the design and color choices. The 4...well, because he is 4 and the star because he always has Star Wars on the brain.

IMG_3280

He looks pleased so that is good enough for me.

You can get basic directions here

This post is linked up to:
Poppies at Play's creative cats
Motivate me Monday
Making the World Cuter
Made it Monday
Just Something I whipped up Monday
Today's creative blog

5 comments:

  1. How cute! You've given that shirt so much personality! I love that it suits him so well! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. I may have to use it very soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Going to have to give this a try. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'm always in need of a good idea for a boy and this is great. Thanks so much for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I just started making shirts like this too.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!