Monday, April 5, 2010

Finished Bathroom {well, mostly anyways}

I have finally finished my bathroom....here is the super sad before. Pretty patch on the wall where we had to cut it open to get to pipes that go to the shower in the other bathroom. Lovely tile and a pretty sweet looking vanity wouldn't you say? No? really? 

What isn't in this picture is the pretty slab mirror, horrible lights and chrome faucet. Sweet, I know....but I think it's a tad better now. 

DSCF4461
The pictures aren't great because let's face it, trying to take pictures in a tiny bathroom with no natural light just isn't that easy. I think you can get the idea anyway.

IMG_4638
Most of the upgrade involved paint. I scraped the popcorn off the ceiling and repainted it. I also painted the big shelf on the wall & the little shelf. My dad was kind enough to make me new door fronts {love them} and drawer fronts for the vanity. We installed new lighting, new sink {only because the old on cracked...oops}, faucet, hardware and new tile on the floor.

IMG_4649
All of that has been done for a while now, but the new tile on the vanity is what I finally finished up this week. It's hard finding a good time to have no water in your main bathroom for a few days. It wasn't too bad though...we managed.

I have never tiled before so this was a new experience for me. It was fun and not too hard at all. I chose the tiny tile for 2 reasons. I liked how it looked and it wouldn't require any tile cutting.....and they just happened to be on clearance at Lowes....yippee! 

I had already decided on the same ones from Home Depot, but thought I would give a looksee at what Lowes had and score....only $6 a sheet vs $10 a sheet {12x12}.

IMG_4646
I probably didn't do anything the right way, but hey all the tiles are still in place several days later so it's all good. I tiled right over my laminate counter top. I scored it with a knife {lots....it was kinda fun} so the tile would have something good to adhere to. I also took the original back splash off and side splash off and just tiled up the wall. My dad said it would be fine and dads know everything, right? So that's what I did.

Ah, finally done. 

Except for that towel bar that got ripped out of the wall the other day....guess I need to go find something else. 




Photobucket

42 comments:

  1. WOW!! Looks so beautiful! Amazing what some paint can do!! You did a great job on the tiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathroom looks wonderful!! I think you did a beautiful job on it!! I love everything!!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tiles!!! They are awesome and look so much better! good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the tile and the beadboard-esque fronts on the cabinet. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! Love the tiles! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tile work! I want to install small tiles for all of the reasons you listed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tile! I'm gearing up to do a backsplash in my kitchen, so it is encouraging to see other people succeed at DIY tile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tile counter looks great...really adds a ton of character to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great remodel - made a huge difference! I'm having my first link party today if you'd like to join in: www.craftedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tile looks great! I really like the contrast.
    Be sure to drop by AtticMag this week for our Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how your bathroom reno turned out-- you did a great job! The tiles are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I want to cover my ugly counter top in the master bath with tile, but shied away because I've never cut tile before. Now I'm going to use the glass tile! BTW, your bathroom looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok - i'm so glad to see a beautiful cottage-y reno with 1" tile - I heart them so much - it looks great - really great. Is that a new vanity or a painted older one? Because if that's a painted older one - oh.my.word. It's awesome. well, either way it's awesome LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks great!!!! I have that same shower curtain from Target! It's in our guest bath that needs updating in our new house. I have lots of inspiration looking at your bath! I've never tiled before either! It has always scared me a little. Maybe I will try it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful transformation! Love the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are amazing!!! The bathroom looks awesome, I especially love the cabinets, gorgeous!!! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alisa, You are a very talented lady. I love the way your bathroom turned out and YOU DID IT!!!! This is so inspirational to me. The tile you chose for the sink is just beautiful. I'm curious about how the scraping off of the popcorn ceiling went. Is this something you would attempt in other rooms? I'm going to sign up to follow you...I think I can learn a few tricks! Thank you so much for linking to the boardwalk Bragfest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a completely different room! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that looks amazing. My bathroom countertop looks almost exactly the same. I was going to post my before and after pic of that today but now it will just look like I copied you. Oh well, I'm going to post anyway. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Way better~ great re-do... Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks great,love the redo! We just redid our (small) main bathroom as well. I wrote up the post today and will post it April 8th. It's interesting that we have the same tastes and colors.
    Joy@thriftyparsonageliving

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it. your vanity looks terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks amazing! Love the crisp white and the bead board cabinets! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the shelf over the toilet! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the vanity and the tile! Great choice! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! What a great job! I'm scared of tiling - and you did a vanity top! Awesome!!! Looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The bathroom is lovely! Thansk for showing a small bathrooom re-do. Our bathrooms are small like yours and this helps me see how great our bath will look when I have the time to transform it.
    I especially love the tile!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Alisa,
    This is absolutely gorgeous! You did a great job on the tile and the vanity looks brand new with the new doors your dad made.

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW!!! The transformation is incredible!! I love the countertop and the beadboard cabinets!!! Colors are beautiful!! Great job! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love for you to add a craft/project to my Motivate Me Monday post!! I love your blog and think my readers would too!

    Jennifer
    www.lebedafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. OOO! I really like the tile on the vanity! I want to do that! We are gathering ideas for when we re-do our bathroom. Definitely bookmarking and following now!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's the reason my romance with tiny tile started...no cutting! You did a superb job.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi, I'm coming over from Beth's! I love your bathroom re-do. Hopefully I'll finish mine before the summer is over! Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the bathroom. The before and after pictures are pretty amazing. In a big family a towel rack is a must.

    Love it!


    Krystal
    www.FamilyOrganizationTips.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I chose the tiny tile for 2 reasons. I liked how it looked and it wouldn't require any tile cutting.....and they just happened to be on clearance at Lowes...wall paneling

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject!
    bestshowerheads

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow. I think this is stunning. I love the tile and the fixtures but the counter tops make my heart flutter. Beautiful job! bath remodel Austin

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!