Saturday, November 29, 2008

Just got home

Happy belated day of Thanksgiving to all! I've been gone since Wednesday morning and we just pulled in our driveway to the most glorious site (ok..maybe not the MOST glorious site, but pretty close in my book). We have new neighbors both next door and across the street. The new people next door have a tree service company and much to our delight they have cut down the HUGE willow tree in their back yard. YEAH!!!! I couldn't be happier. I'm not one to just like chopping down trees, but this thing has been a thorn in our sides for nearly 10 years. It hangs over our yard and deposits a great deal of its leaves and most annoyingly (probably not a real word) it's little limbs all over our yard. Ugh! They have to be picked up by the piles each time we mow or rake the yard and they get stuck in all the little spaces in our deck not to mention the fact that it produces a ton of shade. Which one would think is great unless you have way to much shade and can't even grown a tomato to save your life. Tomatoes like sun and so do other vegetables, in case you didn't know, and we have none. I'm so excited that I might actually be able to have a little garden next summer. I hope everyone had a delightful holiday weekend with family and friends. We did and I will post some pics later of our weekend. I'm off to put up the Christmas tree after I start some laundry. For those keeping up with my laundry woes, I had it all caught up before we left town and I'm hoping to keep it that way....we'll see how that turns. out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!