Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 ingredient treats

It's hard to pass up a treat with only 3 ingredients, minimal oven time and as far as Christmas candy goes they aren't that horrible for you if you can manage to only eat 1 or 2 (I can't). They definitely work for me. Here's the line up: Fat Free pretzel twists 1 or 2 Bags of Rolo candies Pecan halves (enough for each Rolo) First, find the cutest helper you've got running around (sorry, this one is all booked up for the season). Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Unwrap all your Rolos....uugh! (eat a couple..that will ease the pain in your cramped little fingers). On a cookie sheet, lay out as many pretzels as you can fit easily without them being too scrunched. I fit about 60 on a pan. Next place one Rolo on each pretzel (I know this is getting hard, just hang in there). Place your cookie sheet in the preheated oven for approximately 5 minutes, at this time your Rolos should look melted, but still be holding their shape. Remove them from the oven and fairly quickly place one pecan half on top of each Rolo and smush. Leave them on the cookie sheet and put them in the fridge for about a 1/2 hour to harden up. Oh, so delicious! Sweet, salty, chocolate and caramel...does it get any better? I think not! 

Check our more Works for me Wednesday here

4 comments:

  1. I think we should add.... don't leave them TOO long in the fridge on a cookie sheet or they will stick and break when you try to get them off, then you have to put them back in the oven, then BACK in the fridge, and so on and so fourth. Not that I would know this from personal experience or anything! :P

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!