Friday, January 2, 2009

Hoping for a better start

I've been feeling kinda sorry for myself, just laying around waiting on the pain to subside and it does for short bits, but then it returns. I was really hoping for a better start to the new year than the sorry state I'm currently in. I have several things I would like to write about, but can't concentrate on any of them with all the pounding going on in my head. Do you remember the Proverbs 31 study I started right before Christmas?.....well I don't know what I was thinking starting it on probably the busiest week of the entire year.....duh? I was trying to keep up until our computer hit a bump in the road and I just fell off track. I really want to pick up where I left off, but it seems impossible to sit in one spot for more than about 10 minutes without my face beginning to throb so I haven't even been able to start back on that yet, but I plan to as soon as I feel better and the kids are back in school next week. I hope those of you who have actually been doing the study are finding it a blessing....good for you if you have kept up. I very much desire to do the study and think it would be a great benefit to my role as wife and mother, I think I just picked a really poor time to start or maybe satin is just sittin' at my back door giving me distractions (unfortunately, sometimes it doesn't take much). On a positive note, my non-resolution (I don't like resolutions) of eating healthier and drinking fewer cokes from McD's is going phenomenally well. My mouth hurts so badly I haven't been able to each much and I haven't had a coke since Sunday.....this is monumental, people! I have been trying to give up the old McD's cokes for a few years now and I am just unable to control myself.....I hate it! I love the coke.......hate the fact that I am unable to control myself. I really feel like the evil people at McD's (sorry if any of your loved one's work for McDonalds..I'm sure they are not evil) have slipped some sort of drug in their coke. It is highly addictive and I know I am not alone in this problem. Maybe, just maybe this is what I needed to help me get over the initial withdrawal since I can't drink them right now. Eric had one last night, I took a drink and it just didn't even taste good so I hope that is a good sign........Lord, please bring good from all this pain and if you could make it be for me not to like McD's cokes anymore....all the better! I hope your year is off to a great start and you have been able to keep up with any changes you've wanted to implement in your life....surely you have, it's only the 3rd. If not, possibly another approach will work better for you. I am working on a list of things that I would like to do this year, some are changes I want to make and some are just new things I want to learn or get involved with. I would love to hear about what you want to change or do in the next year. Let the ideas flow ladies.

1 comment:

  1. I hope to continue to grow in my walk with the Lord and I would like to work on some sort of schedule for my housework that seems to never get done. I'm enjoying reading your blog and my prayers go out for you to feel better soon.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!