Sunday, June 21, 2009

Menu plan- week of 6/22/09

We took our sweet little 9 year old son to church camp today for the first time. I'm just not sure I'm diggin' it. I'm pretty sure he's too young to be away from his mama that long...don't you think? His big sis is there too as a staff member so I'm sure he will be well taken care of. It's a great camp with a strong emphasis on bible teaching and FUN...lots of FUN. He will be so tired, he probably won't even notice he isn't in his own bed or that we aren't right across the hall. I hope he misses me. He did hold my hand a lot today at church and he never does that...so that made me feel a little better. Since the big kids will be away for a few days the menu is gonna be super simple and easy for my hubby and I and Josiah(he really hasn't been much of an eater lately). Our air conditioner broke last week so some of these are repeats from last week that just didn't happen. Here's how it's shaping up for the week:
Monday: Amy's grilled chicken, grilled corn on the cob & Parmesan noodles
Tuesday: Grilled salmon, grilled zucchini & orzo w/ pesto
Wednesday: Grilled chicken spedini or steaks, salad & baked potato
Thursday: Meatball Souvlaki, greek couscous salad
Friday: (Corban's last regular baseball game tonight & also our 10th wedding anniversary) Sloppy Joes, Veggies and deviled eggs
Saturday: (hopefully we can go out on an anniversary date) spaghetti for the kids
Sunday: lunch- Slow-cooker chicken stroganoff, salad & fruit dinner- Pizza on the grill..yummy
what are you cookin' this week? check out orgjunkie for more menu ideas

5 comments:

  1. What is chicken spedini exactly? Sounds neat!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki- it's an Italian chicken dish that is super yummy. I have made it from scratch before, but since it's just me and my hubby and the little guy I was going to splurge and buy the ones already prepared at the meat counter. Here's a good recipe if you want to try it.

    http://themeatsweats.blogspot.com/2007/12/chicken-spedini.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to have the recipe for pizza on the grill. SOUNDS YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to try chicken stroganoff in the crock pot! I am a picky eater and picky about my crock pot...I don't like recipes you have to pre-cook before dumping in. This one looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!