Monday, April 12, 2010

Slightly obsessive

I have issues {lots, actually} but let's just take a look at ONE today shall we......um, kay!


I like recipes.....like a whole lot. Like this is the reduced version of my collection and this doesn't cover all the recipes I've ripped out of magazines or printed off the internet and have stashed in here {stuffed fuuullllllll!}


Does anyone else have this problem? Just me? ....seriously

I would much prefer to sift through a pile of recipe books than read some novel. weird....I know. The problem is I have all these recipes and sometimes I still can't figure out what to fix for dinner.....uugh! Too many ideas I suppose. 

As bad as my little obsession problem is I do have a few more on my wish list {I know,I know......issues}



PW's new cookbook. I bought it for my sister at Christmas ....kinda wishin' I had my own. 

I have the Family cookbook and love it....I'm sure this one is excellent too. FULL of help info!



This one just looks a little dreamy to me....look at that pie! If I had this cookbook do you think I could make a pie that looked like that? um...probably not. I'm willing to try though.

Do you have a favorite cookbook that you go to all the time? I would love to know so I can add it to my wish list  possibly browse through it at the bookstore.

What do you think....am I crazy? Does anyone else have the same recipe collection obsession problem or do you all just get your recipes online?

Please tell me I am not alone.





Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. YUM! I love recipes as well! I just got married this past October so now I feel like I really get to USE the recipes that I had saved and slobbered over for all these years - I totally approve of your recipe desires. Now that you have my approval, you can get them ;). I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo not alone! I have soooo many recipes and cookbooks! I LOVE pouring over recipes and cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are who I got this problem from...thanks sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am another one who loves to ponder over new and old recipe's and cookbooks! I even run copies of my new found recipe's off my computer too! Hundreds of recipes if not more I must have!! And, there are many times I wonder... what am I going to make for us to eat tonight? Like you said, too many great sounding ones to choose from!! I am sooo glad to hear that I'm not the only one who does that! I was beginning to wonder about myself there for awhile!! I just bought myself the Pioneer Woman's Cookbook from Border's last week!! It's real great, as you already know! I'm a fan of the Farm Chicks on Facebook! This is sooo funny, as I thought I was the only person on earth who has this great desire about having and collecting recipes and recipebooks!! It's not a bad thing at all for one to have that's for sure!!

    Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha . . . I have a friend who will curl up with a cookbook and read it like it's a novel. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So not alone. I have recipes stashed all over my kitchen and haven't even tried about half of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE country church cook books. You know when all the sweet little old ladies put all their best in one priceless little book and only ask $10 for it. Whenever I hear of a church cookbook sale I always anti up. LOVE THEM. My favorite and most used is the cook book from Centropolis Christian Church (ever heard of it? No?) given to me by Jared's precious grandmother. It has all her best plus more. It's a heirloom I plan to pass to Grandma Jean's great granddaughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my name is Kate and I'm a recipe junkie... I LOVE cookbooks. My favs are old church and small towns that put together cook books.

    I even had selfing but in my kitchen to hold them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get a lot of recipes online but I print them out so my computer doesn't get food all over it. *I do this out of experience! ;) My recipe collection is so big I had to put an ACTUAL 5 shelf bookshelf in my kitchen/dining area so that I can house all my cook books and binders with printed recipes. I have a problem...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count me in as one of those junkies too! I got the Pioneer Woman's cookbook for Christmas, and I must say, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It's gotten a TON of use from me already, it's the first cookbook that has MANY recipes that I've tried and will try. My favorite cookbook for easy and fast meals is "Southern Living Busy Mom's Weeknight Cookbook". I bought it at Lowe's when my hubs sent me to run an errand...that'll teach him!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!