Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to school and not so back to school


IMG_7786
Last week Brittney started her Junior year. She is a confident, smart, funny, beautiful young lady and we are so very proud of her.

IMG_7802

Ready for homeschool, bed head and all.

I started homeschool with Corban last week too. We are just reviewing material from 4th grade right now, but so far so good. He has had a great attitude and has come up with many reasons why he loves homeschool over public school. There has only been one major melt down and I consider that a great accomplishment. He used to melt down anytime homework was even mentioned.  

Josiah could be going to kindergarten this year, but we chose to hold him back a year since his birthday is so close to the cut off date and we have all day kindergarten here. He is so NOT ready for all day school. He would be fine academically, but socially he is just not there yet. He will be starting Pre-k in a couple of weeks and he is very excited about it.  Josiah has been enjoying doing some school work right along side Corban during the day. He is showing a great deal of interest {and ability} in reading so I think we will start working on that this week.

I hope everyone’s school year is off to a great start!


Blessings-

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have good looking kids, and they all have beautiful eyes! I'm looking forward to getting started back to school with my kids too.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful young lady. You captured her perfectly. I have to say it makes me tear a bit. I can't believe how much she's grown and matured over the last 10 years. You guys have done a fantastic job raising a precious young lady with a heart for God.

    We started school yesterday and the first 2 weeks of A Beka is pretty much review so it's pretty light. I do get asked daily when we can see Corbin so if we could even just plan something it would help me out a ton :)

    If you want to borrow any K4, K5 "I Learn To Read" books I have a ton. They're thin, quick, and colorful. My boys really enjoyed them and had a great sense of accomplishment even though each page is dealing more with letter sounds an word blends they still felt as if they'd read "a whole book!"

    Just let me know, I can bring some Wednesday.

    I love you!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!