Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Maple pumpkin cheesecake


I always take this cheesecake to the big Thanksgiving feast at church and am always asked for the recipe so I thought I would share and I will post a pic later after it is done baking. 

It is truly what fall is supposed to taste like (well, at least I think so ). De-lish! 

 Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ maple pecan sauce Crust: 
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 
1/4 cup sugar 
1/4 cup butter, melted 

Combine and press firmly into the bottom of a 9" springform pan. 

Filling: 
3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened 
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk 
1 (150z) can pumpkin 
3 eggs 
1/4 cup Pure Maple syrup (not pancake syrup) 
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 
1 tsp ground nutmeg 
1/2 tsp salt 

With a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in the pumpkin, eggs, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix well. Gently pour into springform pan on top of crust. Bake 1 1/4 hours at 325 degrees or until center appears nearly set when shaken. Cool 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.  

Maple pecan sauce: 
1 cup whipping cream 
3/4 cup Pure Maple syrup 

Combine in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil rapidly for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened; stirring occasionally.Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Cover and chill until served. Stir before serving. 

You can also use a 9 x13 pan. Just press crust into bottom of pan and proceed as above. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until nearly set. 

For more great recipes check out Tempt my tummy tuesday Even more at the Scrumptious Sunday Swap

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alisa, thanks for joining TMTT. This cheesecake sounds wonderful. I hope you keep coming back. I don't know why we have been having some problems with Mr. Linky, we haven't ever had that problem before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you making two this year? One is never enough. Most people are aware enough by now that they wait for you to arrive and quickly grab some before they even go through the line. By "most people" I mean me and Sonya but I have noticed it's usually the first thing to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! This sounds amazing!! I love making cheesecake so I'll have to bookmark this one to make soon. :D

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!