Monday, November 10, 2008

Making your home a haven

Over at the Homespun Heart, Monica has put out a challenge for the week on making your home a haven and today's theme is Tidy so that is what I am doing. Mostly laundry....but tidying along the way. I am embarrassed to show my pics of the chaos that is my house. I am a bit of a neat freak so this really pains me to share but here goes: This Laundry thing is seriously OUT OF CONTROL!!! I really just wanted to show the "after" photos, but that wouldn't have been keeping it real, now would it?? Not perfect but MUCH better....... excluding of course the 4 ft tall pile of dirty laundry in the hallway I refuse to show you.

Please don't think less of me....please!

I
just really like seeing other people's homes and spaces in a state of "real" rather than all perfect so I thought I would be brave and share mine. please ignore the large square of spackle on my bathroom wall, this room is slated for remodel this winter.

I really do think it is important that we clear away the clutter and make our homes a haven for our families. It is up to us to make our homes a refuge from the outside world where our kids can feel loved and nurtured and our husbands can feel relaxed and uplifted. School and work are not always great places to be, but I certainly want my home to be.

For more ideas on making your home a haven please visit The Homespun Heart

4 comments:

  1. you wanna come help me with this please????!??!!?!? That is EXACTLY what I have been trying to do, but I don't know how or where to start. I'm gunna check out that other site now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! I'm not the only one with a 4ft tall pile of laundry, but that's just the colored load, there still the darks...lights...colored hot (towels). I swear, you'd think that we had nothing to wear in this house, but there's plenty of laundry that is done and clean. I'm thinking we need to go through some stuff....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good!! It is such a good feeling to see a tidy area afterwards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I LOVE the laundry hanging on the bakers rack in the kitchen. I am notorious for hanging a hanger anywhere it is possible to hang. The worst place I pick is the top of a door way. The door gets shut and you have clean clothes littering the floor. Who would close a door with clothing obviously hanging you ask? I give you 4 guesses ;).

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!