Friday, December 5, 2008

December Daily Photo 12/5

Not a great photo, but I love growing these bulbs in the middle of the winter. I get a few paper white (Narcissus) bulbs (at a nursery) and place them on top of some rocks in a glass jar or vase and fill up with water just to the bottom of the bulb. The kids love to watch the roots grow down into the rocks and I love to see the flowers grow up. Just keep the water up to the bottom of the bulb, but not any more than that or they will rot. If you start them just after Thanksgiving, you can have beautiful fresh flowers for Christmas. They are only about 69 cents a bulb so they are cheap to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!