Monday, December 15, 2008

Random ramblings

*We have company coming this week and we couldn't be happier. Brittney's best friend Berkley moved to PA about 14 months ago and has been deeply missed. They have managed to keep in touch and they talk often. Her mom got in touch a couple month's ago about Berkley's 16th birthday, she said all Berkley wanted was "Brittney" so we tried to work out her going there, but it just wasn't working so now Berkley is coming here for 5 days and we are just very excited to see her and love on her. Brittney has been a little bouncier in anticipation. *It's freezing in our home, literally...the windows (our very lovely metal windows...I know you are jealous) are frozen on the inside, yep...the inside. See Looks cozy, huh? *Last night in the midst of being sent to his room due to a poor attitude, Corban jumped (real angry like) up into his top bunk and *snap* went one of the slats under his mattress. Nothing fell and it did have a knot in the wood right where it broke, but I think it caused Corban to rethink his stormy ways. He was sweet as pie the rest of the night. *Has anyone made homemade marshmallows? I'm looking for a good (good....not bad) recipe. I've always wanted to try them, but never had the gelatin on hand. Well, I finally (like 4 years later finally) picked up some at the store so I'm ready, I just need a recipe. I've heard they are spectacular in hot chocolate and I love me some hot cocoa. Liquid chocolate...yumm! *Eric got some new cowboy boots he ordered online (on Friday...got them today...wow..and it was free shipping) While he was putting them on Josiah put on his cowboy hat and had his cowboy rope ready. As soon as Eric had them on Josiah began stringing out his rope and goes "Well, howdy partner" in a real southern accent. It was hysterical at the time, but possibly it loses something in the translation. Trust me...it was funny. *I just started a 30 day study on Proverbs 31 over at Revive our hearts. I personally want to run screaming or possibly just sit down and cry when I read all the things the Proverbs 31 woman is able to accomplish. I fear I do not even begin to measure up, but I think that is the point, at least partially. I am unable to accomplish any of it without the Lord, but with Him there is hope. Please join me if you feel led. *Josiah is still trying to wrap his little 3 year old brain around the Jesus' birthday thing and why isn't he going to be here if it's his birthday. He is starting to grasp the "star" was in the sky and that is why we have one on top of our tree, well sort of anyway.... he explained to us that "Jesus was born on a star in a nest". What is that Sunday school teacher teaching him?? Just kidding Amy...we love you.

4 comments:

  1. I will join you! It's funny that you posted this because I was really thinking about this yesterday. hmmmm Funny how things work! :) Now, what do I do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. all you have to do is click on the link (revive our hearts) in my post and that will take you to the True woman 30 day makeover site. On the right side of the page is a link to join start the program. You will receive an email each day with the "lesson" link to listen or read. It's that easy! I plan on sharing as I'm working my way through it. I am on day 3 so I just started too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would very much like to give you a sweet shot of reality. I appreciate your humility when it comes to the Proverbs 31 woman but at the same time I want to encourage you. There are few women in my life that I feel not only aspire to be "her" but also succeed in many ways. You are a great example of a woman after God's heart and you achieve that in many of the ways listed in Proverbs 31. We have all fallen short but for those of us who love you, we recognize all of the many virtues you share with this idealistic woman. There is no reason for you run or cry, "6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shannon, you are a very sweet friend and I count you among my many blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!