Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sweet relief

I am extremely thankful for my Dr. who gave me some sweet relief yesterday. I, of course being all knowing of medical things, told people I just don't think I have "dry sockets" when they would bring that up as a possible reason as to why my jaw/head/mouth hurt so badly almost a week after having my wisdom teeth pulled. I was certain the antibiotic just wasn't working to clear up my infection and I just needed a different one......Wrong!! I have "dry sockets", whatever that is. I do know it's extremely painful and pain medication just won't touch it. When you have dry sockets they pack your little tooth hole with this nasty tasting little piece of gauze, but I tell you what I could have hugged that nurse....my pain was gone in about 10 minutes and I went skipping out to the car just as happy as could be. Well, as happy as I could be with a nasty taste in my mouth. I have to keep going back every other day to get a new nasty piece of gauze put in, but hey it's much better than feeling like your jaw is going to explode. I can actually think today....so happy for that. My house is a natural disaster area, but the kids go back to school tomorrow and I am going to reclaim my house. It feels good, to feel better.....even if it's not perfect yet. God is so very good! Visit Heavenly Homemakers for more Gratituesday and Laura is doing a tutorial on Sour Dough starter.....that girl has lots of info ladies.

3 comments:

  1. I am sooooo happy you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I have had dry sockets before and oh my goodness they are painful. I'm SO glad you have relief from your pain now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Praise God. I am so glad you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!