Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm a material girl!!

Want to see my fabric?? It all started when I went to the Dr. again this morning to be re-packed for a little more pain relief. Afterwords, I wanted to go by this home fabric store that carries high-end fabric at rock bottom prices, well they didn't open until 10 and it was 9:15 so we went over to Joann fabrics to kill a little time and see if they had any good clearance. Oh My Word....I totally scored! Their clearance fabric was on 50% off the clearance price.....here's where it gets so good I can hardly stand it! It was all $3/yd....normally each was between $20-$25/yd. I am so proud right now I would like to scream....I called Eric to tell him, he was excited for me, but guys just don't get it. I bought enough fabric to make curtains for our living room, make a new window topper for my kitchen sink window, re-upholster the 2 mission rockers in the living room and re-upholster a footstool that goes with one of the chairs & make 2 new valances for our bedroom. The fabrics match perfectly with the new couch we bought in the fall....I'm so stinkin' excited I could pass out! Here is a picture of the living room & kitchen fabric. The plaid is for my living room curtains and window topper in the kitchen, all the way to the right is my couch, the top middle is a tiny red dot print and below is just a basic upholstery fabric that matches my couch perfectly. Haven't made up my mind about how to use the dot one and the solid one, chairs or footstool, pillows?? Yep...I already clipped it up to see how it would look! They are kinda silky so the sun shines through it and doesn't make the room look dark at all. Love it!! I plan on painting the rod black and eventually the walls will be one of the rich golden tones in the fabric (I think). Since our windows are so very ugly and I've always had a topper to kinda cover them up and now they will be a bit more exposed, my hubby agreed we could get some white faux wood plantation blinds for these windows...yipee!! Here's the tiny red dot fabric....this picture really doesn't do it justice. And finally here is the fabric remnant I bought for our bedroom. I was hoping it was big enough to do our headboard, but it's about 6" shy so I might use it for window toppers or pillows. It's very soft and yummy!! Head over to Biblical Womanhood to hear more frugal stories.

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful fabrics! Incredible price! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colors in the plaid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, those curtains are gorgeous! You got yourself a designer room on a shoestring budget. You are so lucky! I've never worked with home decor fabrics, but if I found a deal like that, I'd sure give it a try. Can we ever have enough fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS, as someone who has had a lot of tooth problems in her life (and who never heard of dry sockets--but they sound horrible), I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to go look tomorrow and see if they have any more fabric at that price. I need new curtians in my living room.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!