Saturday, February 21, 2009

Finally home

We are doing a study on Heaven in our class on Wednesday nights and while I've missed probably half of it due to kitchen duties I am absolutely longing for home.....Heaven. I have been for many years as many Christians do, but this is making it even worse. Sometimes I'm finding it hard to concentrate on the wordly things that still need to be done. I just think of all those who will no longer suffer from wordly ailments and of those that I miss that I will see again. To top it all off.....this song came out and it is played a lot. I loved the song from the first time I heard it, but I always thought of it only in terms of Heaven. I went and looked at the new video and am realizing that there are plenty of glimpses of Heaven right here on earth and they too should be longed for and savored.
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
Revelation 21: 1-5
Finally Home by Mercy Me



Visit signs miracles and wonders for more Saturday songs

2 comments:

  1. I had not heard this song till today! Great song and video.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is adorable! One day we'll be there my sister-one day:) May you have a blessed weekend! Amanda:)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!