Monday, February 9, 2009

Menu plan - week of 2/9/09

I did very well this last week and actually stuck to my menu plan. Some weeks it's just easier than others. Take this week for example, we have different meetings, conferences, practice, valentines parties, games, church, etc. every night this week so if I don't stick to my plan....we may just go hungry. I was trying to come up with menu ideas last night and Eric was not being helpful at all so I asked if we could just not eat for a week. He didn't seem to keen on the idea so I guess I'll have to come up with super easy stuff this week since we will be going in all directions. Why is it some weeks have nothing and some weeks everyone decides they need to plan meeting...uugh! Ok- here's what the plan is  

Monday: sloppy joes, fruit and macaroni and cheese  

Tuesday: Garlic chicken pizza from Papa murphy's (it count's as homemade if I cook it in my own oven...righT? Actually, Eric will since I will be at MOPS).  

Wednesday: Taco soup and chili at Church (hopefully it won't be 70 degrees out) I'm also bringing dump cake and brownies  

Thursday: Eric has a meeting so the kids and I will have french toast and scrambled eggs & fruit.  

Friday: Maple mustard chicken, w/ roasted brussel sprouts and sauteed apples (I'm really looking forward to this one. It's a new recipe..the chicken part...I'll let ya know how it is)  

Saturday: BBQ meatballs(my sweet friend Laura's recipe) with scalloped potatoes and green beans. I'll probably make a good dessert too...just to show a little extra LOVE since it's Valentines Day. 

Sunday: Lunch-Salsa chicken with rice and salad Dinner- leftovers 

I get my new washer later today so I have got to get the old one put back together and clean this place up. I know I was going to do it Friday, but it was just way to nice outside to hang out in my basement. I'll show a picture later once it's all in place. Can you feel the excitement?? 

Visit Org. Junkie for hundreds of menu planning ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I see you have chicken pizza on your menu. Come to Tasty Tuesday tomorrow and see my "unusual" chicken pizza recipe. When I see your menu I wish I could come over and eat!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!