Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday gift

I made this little apron for my sister's birthday. I think it turned out nicely and I might add a little removable flower kinda like this one. I used this tutorial just in case your interested, but I made it shorter than it said to because my sis is a bit, well.... short and it would have hit her shins and she's tiny...we did not get the same genes.



I'm pretty happy with how it came out since it's the first thing I've sewn in quite a while. I'm not so proud of the fact that her birthday was in January.....yes, JANUARY and I'm just now getting it finished. I tell ya, if I don't have some deadline it just doesn't happen. You would think her actual birthday would have been a good deadline, but since my 2 brother's birthdays are on Dec 29th and 30th and her's is on Jan 10th we celebrated early and it just wasn't finished....or started for that matter...oops! I did tell her I was making her something so she knows something is coming eventually. Hope she likes it!

Now I'm gonna make one for me!
check out Kimba's DIY party for more great ideas

5 comments:

  1. That's very cute!

    I love the colors and how it ties around in front. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely patterns and colors. :) How could she not love it?! Visiting from Kimba's party. :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!