Monday, March 2, 2009

Menu plan - Week of 3/2

March is here!! It came way too fast in my opinion, but there is lots to look forward to in March. My sweet Corban was born on the 21st....the first FULL day of spring. We have a carnival at school this weekend, baby Anneliese should be here VERY soon, SPRING BREAK...yeah!, flowers begin to show their leaves and we prepare to celebrate the atoning death and resurrection of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ in April...can't wait. I love spring!! I'm a little late on getting my menu up. I normally try and do it on Sunday night, but our weekend was crazy busy. We spent an evening with close friends celebrating a birthday, had a BIG fundraiser dinner for our youth group at church on Sunday, attended a pizza party for Corban's basketball team and went to his awards ceremony where we were highly entertained by a magician that also shares the gospel as part of his act. There were over 700 kids that participated in the UPward basketball program this year (at this particular church) and it is run so well and the coaches and referees are just wonderful. If you have an UPward program in your area, you should check it out. So, needless to say I wasn't really up to posting last night. Eric and I just sat in front of the TV like little zombies and then fell asleep. Here's what I have planned this week. A couple items got moved forward from last week because things (meetings and such) came up and discombobulated (that is totally a real word...spell check didn't underline it..cool) our plans. Here it is.  

Monday: Southwest chicken with balsamic corn and black bean succotash  

Tuesday: Sweet and sour meatballs with brown rice & salad  

Wednesday: Mexican at church...no desserts necessary this week  

Thursday: Chicken on the grill with veggies and salad (it's supposed to be 70 out..aahh)  

Friday: Country fried steak, potatoes, gravy, corn and rolls  

Saturday: Chicken Satay with peanut sauce, jasmine rice and sugar snap peas  

Sunday: Lunch- Brisket, rolls, brown sugar carrots, & salad Dinner- leftovers 

Visit Org. Junkie for hundreds of menu planning ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 700 kids in the UPward basketball program is amazing. My 5 year old son participate in UPward basketball for the first time this season and enjoyed it very much.

    Your menu looks good! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!