Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My little Jesus freak

Yesterday Eric, Josiah and I headed downtown to the hospital where Eric works for his Dr's appointment. The hospital is the downtown hospital in KC so it's got some rough characters hanging around as well as some homeless and other individuals down on their luck. They serve the community and give out low/no cost health care when needed so I think you get the idea. We go there because with our insurance it's covered at 100% with no deductible. We arrived at the Orthopedic clinic and there was a room FULL of people. I was beginning to think it was going to take a while when a nurse came out an announced that there were 45 patients this morning and 2 physicians....yup...a little over scheduled I'd say. That being said, it actually only took us about an hour and a half so it wasn't too bad. While we were waiting, a talkative gentleman sat down near us and struck up a conversation with Josiah. Josiah is pretty talkative with strangers as long as he thinks its ok with me...and it was. So they chatted about coats and other stuff. Eventually, the man wanted to know when Josiah would be 4..."August" I said. He wanted to know is astrological sign....I don't know it and don't care to know, but we were polite and told him his birthdate and the man went on to tell us about how smart Josiah would be based on his "sign". I'm not going to argue with his assesment, but I don't think it's because of any "sign". In fact, I'm sure it doesn't. We kept chatting, and Eric got called back (we weren't allowed to go back). After a while he asked what Josiah's name was and Josiah told him. "Josiah" "ah, that sounds like a Christian name" the man said I said "yes, it's from the Bible" He looked at Josiah and said "ah, are you one of those Jesus freaks?" Josiah just looked at him and said "uh, yes" in the sweetest little voice ever heard. Proud I was! My little 3 year old boy knew he was a Jesus freak and that it was a good thing. He was quite happy to answer yes. Josiah went on to tell him that he loved Jesus, it wasn't long after that the man was called back for his appt. and Eric was done. He got his cast off too, so it was a double good day!

1 comment:

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!