Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I am still alive

I am living and breathing, I'm just in a rush in about fifteen million directions (at least it feels that way). We've been a bit crazed around here and it's not quite over yet. 

June, please come quickly! 

School has ended....yeah!!!! 

We've finished all the end of the school year programs, ceremonies, celebration sleepovers, parties etc. I'm pretty sure that we never had this many "things" at the end of the school year when I was a kid. I think the teachers just kicked us out of the school on the last day and said "see ya in the fall!" and that was that. 

Amid all the craziness, we have managed to accomplish a few things around here. My hubby built my simple little raised garden bed that really wasn't so simple in our sloped back yard. I'll show you some pics later this week. We (by we, I do not mean Me) cleaned out all the junk from under our deck and I spent a few hours power washing it over the weekend. Ahh...it's so nice now. We've eaten dinner out there twice now and it was great! 

Today officially starts the "summer chore chart" that my children just absolutely love and adore. They are always begging for more to do......I wish! Ugh! was the first comment I heard from Brittney when I posted it last night (and she's the one who generally doesn't mind it so much) Can't wait for Corban's reaction. It worked well last summer, so I thought we would do it again. The house is really hard to keep clean with everyone home all the time, so it is nice to be able to delegate some of the work. They do help during the school year, just not quite as much due to time constraints. 

I hope you all are enjoying the start to you summer, any big plans??

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you were ever going to post again :)Hope you have a good, stress free week.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!