Monday, June 29, 2009

Delicious Cream Cheese Bars

OK- I'm sure everyone on the face of the earth has had these and made these before, except for me....until recently. 

It's an old recipe, so I'm told.....but I had never had it before because I'm certain I would remember something this dreamy. They are super simple to make and don't take much in the way of ingredients. 

I sure wish I had a picture to show you, but honestly they don't look like much so just take my word for it....YOU MUST MAKE THESE!! 

Somehow this little crust forms on the top that is heavenly and the cream cheese mixture...oh my, the cream cheese mixture...I'll stop now. I took them to our fellowship dinner at church on Sunday and had several requests for the recipe so here it is.  

Delicious Cream Cheese Bars 

Crust: 
1 box yellow cake mix 
1 stick of butter 
1 egg 
Melt the butter and mix with the cake mix and egg until smooth. Press into the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish. 

Topping: 
1 8oz cream cheese (I use lite) softened 
1 box powdered sugar 
1 tsp vanilla 
2 eggs 

beat with a mixer until nice and smooth and pour over the crust mixture. Bake at 350° for approx 35-45 minutes or until lightly golden on top. It could take longer depending on your oven, but keep an eye on it because it can over cook quickly. Store leftovers (if there are any??) in the refrigerator. 

Make sure you stop by Tasty Tuesday ,Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Friday Feast & Foodie Friday for more great recipes.

16 comments:

  1. DO not feel bad....I have never made them either and now I must. ;) I've seen the recipe but just never copied it down. so glad to have it. thanks for linking up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever made them either -- but they sound delicious! I've bookmarked this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum! This sounds scrumptious!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I've never made them! Sounds yummy. :) Visiting from Jen's party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really delicious. I love anything with cream cheese in it so I am definitely trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything with cream cheese has to be good! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a definite winner! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are delicious! I know them as Neimon Marcus bars. Apparently NM served them in their tearoom back in the day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound so delicious. I certainly will be trying them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHHHHH YUMMMY!!!!!!Thanks for linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these really are divine!

    Happy Foodie Friday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't made them yet but can see me doing so in the near future. Thanks for the yummy delicious recipe!

    beth`♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen this recipe -- but i'm saving it... it looks fantastic. Easy and delicious...what could be better? Thanks!!!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These delicious things are better known in the recipe world as Ooey Gooey cake. Paula Deen has several different versions on her website. You must absolutely try the pumpkin one in the fall. OH.MY.GOODNESS. they are devine!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!