Monday, July 13, 2009

10 minute garden fresh meal {Spaghetti No Knife}

This stuff is so yummy and easy to make you just won't believe it. As long as you don't go overboard on the oil and cheese it's pretty healthy too. 

You don't even need a knife if you don't want (hence the name), but I'd rather cut my tomatoes than tear them, but whatever you like to do.....it's your call. You can put it all together in the amount of time it takes to boil your pasta.  

Spaghetti No Knife  
2 garden fresh tomatoes, chopped or torn  
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn (don't use dried, it won't be the same)  
2 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves, torn (you could use dried, but only 1tsp) 
2 cloves garlic, minced 
½ cup fresh mozzarella cheese 
2-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil 
12oz whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles (you can use any spaghetti type noodles you like) 

Put your pasta on to boil in salted water In large serving bowl add your tomatoes, basil, oregano & garlic. DSCF6014  
DSCF6021
DSCF6018
Tear the mozzarella cheese into bite size pieces and add to the bowl. This is the kind of cheese I use and I use about half this package. Drizzle with the olive oil, using as much as you choose. Once your pasta is done, drain and add to the bowl. Let it sit a couple minutes to heat the ingredients and melt the cheese. Toss and add more olive oil if desired. 
Serve immediately.
 DSCF6039 



22 comments:

  1. Yum - I am looking for more recipes to use with my veggies. Thanks for sharing for Tasty Tuesday,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! A great combination, using garden veggies, prepping dinner quickly and dirtying few pots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm patiently waiting for tomatoes to ripen in my garden so that I can make this recipe. I made a similar recipe last year and it was divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing!!!! :) Thank you for sharing it. Visiting from Jen's party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good and pretty healthy. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yum! We make something like this but without the cheese. I'll have to try it this way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so healthy and delicious! I think I'll make it with whole grain pasta.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ate, but your food makes me hungry again :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy! that looks super delicious! when our basil and tomatoes are ready, we'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this looks delicious, I love how quick it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks very very good! I love super fast to put together dinners =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks absolutely wonderful!!!! I am glad you joined us for TMTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks amazing! So fresh, like a spagetti salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We enjoy veggies and I love quick meals!!! Thanks...it looks great.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I looks fast and delish. I love pasta salad, THANKS!!! for the GREAT!!! recipe. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful summer meal.Your photos are terrific. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh YUM! This looks incredibly good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore pasta especially the fresh simple dishes. Ill be making this one soon- thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks (and sounds)delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love quick pasta dishes like this. I will love it even more if my garden grows some of the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks great - I do something similar but with feta cheese - love summer pasta salads!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!