Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bug Bait

Bug Bait, the official name of my 3 year old during the summer months. 


He is obviously soooo sweet that they all just want a little nibble (who can blame them, really?), but they lead to much itching, scratching, bleeding, eww! Poor little thing is just covered with bites and has come to realize that he absolutely should not go in the backyard without some bug spray on or he will pay for it later. Even with all the itching, he refuses to let me put anything on them because it burns or stings.

That is......
until now.

While my mom and I were shopping the other day she mentioned all her bites and that she put
deodorant on hers.

What?? I'd never heard of it before, but boy it sure works great.

Best part is that it doesn't hurt and Josiah will let me put it on, in fact he asks for it.
Score!! No mess, no fussing, no itching.......and they smell good!

No more itching totally works for me.

Check out Works for Me Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. Huh! I will have to try that. I usually use a product from TriLight Herbs called Soothing Salve - but I ran out... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try that! Sean gets all the bug bites and they turn into welts! Poor kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What specific brand did you use? This would be a good way to get the boys to start using deodorant....maybe....hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane- I just used the Lady Speed Stick that I have. I think it needs to be an antiperspirant/deodorant, not just deodorant. Hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting, I'm going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!