Monday, August 10, 2009

Black bean and fresh veggie salad/dip yummy goodness

I made this a couple weeks ago for a lunch I prepared for our worship team at church. I thought I had made quite a bit for only 12 people or so, but apparently not enough because it was the first thing that disappeared. 

It can be served as a dip (especially yummy with the Frito's scoops) or as a salad type side dish. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I made a huge bowl of it Saturday and it's almost gone already. 
DSCF6275
 
Black bean and fresh veggie salad/dip  
4-6 fresh ears of corn,kernels cut from the cob 
2 tomatoes, chopped  
1 small zucchini, seeded and chopped  
1 bunch green onions sliced, both green and white parts 
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed 

Sauce: 
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar 
1/4 cup olive oil 
cumin to taste (I use about 1½ tsp.) 

Toss veggies and black beans together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the vinegar, olive oil and cumin together with a whisk and pour over the vegetables.  

 This is good right after it is made, but even better after it sits for a couple hours so the flavors can "marry". Enjoy!!  

11 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I love your new header!! You blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alisa,
    My that salad sounds very good,
    and healthy as well. We are into that!!
    I too, like the header on your blog
    it is very nice!! Very adorable children and a very pretty mom.
    Have a lovely day.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so delicious, thanks for sharing !
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing this recipe and it looks so delicious and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It IS yummy! I can testify. I could've eaten the whole bowl all by my lonesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks lovely.. I am going to try this dish.

    Thanks
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy. Can't wait to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice recipe to have on hand when feeding a gang. I hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. We're sharing peanut butter ideas and Elvis stories at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. I hope you will come join us. Or, join us for Crock Pot Wednesdays. Mister Linky will be ready for that on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!