Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Absolutely No Sugar Coatin' it

Josiah began pre-school today. He was super excited about going and didn't seem nervous at all about being left. 
 
He knew EXACTLY what he wanted to wear when he got out of bed. There was no hope of persuading him to something a little nicer for the first day of school. The boy is obsessed with loves his clothes and always has a opinion on what he will be wearing. 
 
Sometimes he lets me pick out the shorts or pants......sometimes.

Photobucket


We talked about how I would come get him in a couple hours and that he would meet lots of new friends, sing songs, have a snack etc. He seemed unfazed by the thought of me leaving him.....huh. It would have been nice if he could have shown a little bit of separation anxiety....just a little, not enough to make a scene or anything....just a little.     

uh.....nothing, not even a glimmer.

I left him in very capable hands playing with the dried corn in the play table. He looked way too big to be my baby. 

Photobucket


When I picked him up he came bounding out the door with a huge grin on his face. 

He said he had "a great time".  

I told him "I missed you"

He said "awe, that's nice...I didn't miss you"
my heart sank. 

I'm sure he was just too busy to notice I wasn't there.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure that is a common conversation with parents/kids on the first day. What a precious picture of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa,
    What Josiah said made me die laughing, but my heart hurt for you. That is not a nice thing for a Mom to hear, but it shows you are doing your job well dear, he is very responsible and ready, and that is a good thing. My daughter was like that with the clothes too, in fact, I would give her a couple of choices in the morning to get ready for preschool and she would always want a third, so I would say those are your choices and leave, or else we would have a war!! lol
    He is truly adorable, and very
    independent, same as mine!!
    He will still need Mom for a long time to come!!
    Blessings hon, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should pat yourself on the back! You are raising a confident, secure little boy who knows without question his mommy will be there with open arms in just a short time.

    But believe me, I understand. Abigail runs down the driveway to the school bus everyday. Just once she could at least PRETEND to be sorry she isn't going to see me for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little guy--how great that he's independent and secure, but I can see how his comment would break your heart a little bit too :)

    Thanks for stopping by to say hello today--if you try making the pillow, I'd love to hear how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!