Monday, October 26, 2009

The Perfectly Fluffy Pumpkin Pancake

In an effort to try and use pumpkin in as many recipes as humanly possible before the fall season is over, I give you the perfectly fluffy pumpkin pancake.....YUM!!! 

DSCF7115


Not too sweet {not needed with the syrup you'll add}, not too heavy.......just right!

I came up with this out of desperation for pumpkin and a need to feed my family lunch on Sunday. I had several recipes, but each had something I wasn't too sure about so I kinda combined them all and came up with this. They are way better than any I've made in the past. So fluffy.....kinda of like a little dreamy pumpkin cloud that you eat :) {with syrup...lots of syrup}

Perfectly Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes

2 ½ cups all purpose flour {you could sub out half whole wheat pastry flour}
¼ cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
4 Tbsp melted butter
2 eggs
2½ cups low-fat buttermilk

In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, spice, salt and soda. Make a well in the center and add your eggs. Use a fork to break up the eggs and then add the pumpkin, butter and buttermilk. Stir just until combined. There will be lumps....let them be, they are good. Use a little oil to grease a  non stick griddle and heat over medium to medium high heat {I use medium}. Use a 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook about 3 minutes per side. This makes approximately 20 4" pancakes.

Eat


Enjoy


Go check out Friday Food, Foodie Friday, Kimba's DIY day, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday at the table and Tempt my tummy Tuesday for more great ideas.

18 comments:

  1. YUM!!! They look delicious. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe.
    Best wishes, NM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are going on my list to try :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe me a place at the table. I will be right over.. YUMMY..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be making these this week!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try these this morning with Gluten Free flour.
    They look awesome.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, yum! I had just put pumpkin on my grocery list, too. I bet my kids will devour these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so yummy! I love any and all things pumkin! Can't wait to make these myself!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made the pancakes this morning. They came out good - for gluten free that is. Rocketboy even ate one. I now have them ready to freeze for a microwaveable fast breakfast. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT!!! recipe for pumpkin pancakes. I make pancakes every saturday. Since saturday is halloween I will have to give these a try.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks delicious. I'm going to keep it in mind for our Sunday night dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pancakes look heavenly! YUM, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alisa,
    My those pancakes look delectable,
    think we are gonna have to try them this Saturday. I make a french toast that you put pumpkin in and it is very good too. Hubby loves pancakes, in fact, I showed him your blog tonight and he said wonder what makes them so fluffy.
    Thanks for the recipe.
    Have a great day tomorrow hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just ate a lovely dinner at a restaurant and now reading this post and I still feel hungry just looking at this awesome recipe and photo. Thanks for sharing. What a great fall recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pumpkin pancakes... what a great idea! Thanks!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  15. These really sound amazing and the recipe is perfectly seasonal for Halloween and Thanksgiving. It's a great fall recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to find a way to get pumpkin in everything too! This is getting a go at my house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just cooked these tonight and I have never seen my husband go so ga-ga for my cooking. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!