Saturday, October 3, 2009

Won't you join me??

I am the first to admit that I am not the best at making time each day to sit down and read my Bible. It's not because I don't want to or I don't have good intentions, but I am just not good at doing things over and over and over  routines. 

I can make that work for most of life, but really, reading the word of God should not be one of those areas. I do feel like I mediate on God's word daily through christian radio, music and prayer, but there is no real substitute for getting into His word daily.

So....when I was listening to K-Love the other day and they put out the challenge to read a Proverb a day for the month of October, I decided that I would do it. It's only the 3rd of the month, but so far so good. 

Yeah for me!! 

Honestly, it's longer than I have lasted on any other reading plan so maybe I'll hang in there.

It's already October 3rd, but you could just catch up real quick like {only 2 chapters} if you wanted and join me on this month long look at the book of Proverbs. 

31 chapters...31 days.


Sounds easy enough.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not good at routines myself. I try to do a devotional daily that has a scripture reading. However, this sounds interesting. I just read the first two Proverbs, so count me in.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!