Monday, October 5, 2009

Menu plan - Week of 10/5/09

I can't believe we are already on our way into October. It finally feels like fall around here and I love it. I just kinda wish it would get a little bit cooler so we could pack away the shorts and commit entirely to pants. Just hasn't happened yet, the boys still like to wear shorts when its in the low 70's so I guess it might be a few more weeks of 2 season's worth of clothing out....uugh! It is nice to still have the windows open though. 

Did I mention that I


REALLY ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ OCTOBER!!


ooh...the cool fall air and pretty leaves. I really like to decorate for fall too. I'm not much into the whole Halloween decorations, but I love the fall leaves and pumpkins. So easy to decorate with and you can leave them up until you are ready to decorate for Christmas {which happens straight after Thanksgiving here}.

The other thing I really like about fall is the fact that I can start seriously using my oven again after it's summer long respite {for the most part, anyway} Can't wait to break out all the pumpkin recipes. I {heart} pumpkin!  Tomorrow I'll share a great chocolate chip pumpkin bar recipe. So yummy!

Here's my menu for the week:


Monday: Chicken salad sandwiches, grapes & carrots 

Tuesday: Chicken Tortilla Pie {didn't do this last week} and Spanish rice 

Wednesday: Pizza at church and I'll be taking my pumpkin chocolate chip bars for dessert 

Thursday: Chicken Satay w/ peanut dipping sauce, jasmine rice and broccoli 

Friday: Salmon patties, Parmesan noodles and buttered peas 

Saturday: Tacos with black beans and homemade sopapillas   

Sunday: Lunch: Mediterranean chicken with couscous and salad Dinner: leftovers


Go visit orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!