Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sauteed {sounds a bit nicer than fried} Apples

Need a little fruit to go with your pork chops? Or maybe a topping for your perfect pancakes?

Yes, you say....well then

This recipe is for you!

Sauteed Apples 

2 Tbsp butter
4 large apples peeled and sliced fairly thin
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
½ Cup cold water
¼ - ½ Cup brown sugar {depending on how sweet you like them}
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla 

Melt butter over medium-high heat in a heavy bottom skillet. Add apples and cook 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently. In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add to the skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients and boil for 2 minutes. Serve warm.

Enjoy!!


10 comments:

  1. yummm this would be great over icecream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also thinking ice cream topping! :) Mmmm Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT!!! recipe to pour over pancakes.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that looks delicious! I love apple anything!! Thanks so much for sharing.
    XO*Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm! That sounds yummy!

    I'm not going to lie; I'd probably use this as an ice cream topping. :-)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've fried apples for years, but I don't add vanilla or cornstarch and I use white sugar. Yours sound better than mine. I'll try it your way!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quick and easy and delicious is a good thing.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have sauteed (fried) apples for years and I have never had a recipe. This sounds very good and for once I won't have to guess. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always amazed at how well pork and apples compliment each other. I usually serve apple sauce with my chops, but these sauteed apples would be much, much better. Thanks for sharing!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!