Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's day treats

DSCF7607

I used this recipe to make candy corn cupcakes back in October for Josiah's happy helper day at preschool {which happened to coincide with their halloween party day}. They were fun and easy so I thought I would switch up the colors and make some cupcakes for church tonight in celebration of Veteran's day.

You can just use a regular white cake mix or use this recipe from Our Best Bites.

I used the recipe above and just split my batter evenly into 3 bowls and using gel coloring, colored one bowl red and one blue, leaving the 3rd white. 

DSCF7601


I used my small cookie scoop to put one full scoop of each color {blue, white and red} into each cupcake holder. 

DSCF7605

Bake as usual and let cool.

Let me just say that I am normally almost always AGAINST canned frosting, but this stuff isn't half bad.

DSCF7623


It's the whipped white kind and it sort of reminds me of a marshmallow fluff kinda icing. It's pretty good.....for canned.  

DSCF7615

finished with a few sprinkle.   


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I must try that.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I will be linking this tutorial on my blog.
    Feel free to grab my "i was featured button" if you'd like!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that! I would have never thought about making the mix different colors. So easy and cute.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!