Friday, December 11, 2009

Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed  

that would be a fairly good description of how I feel lately.
Anyone else??
I'm sure I am not alone....not even a little.

The craziness of Christmas is part of it, 
but certainly not all of it.


Our van is making noises.....again.
The kitchen faucet that has been replaced {by the manufacturer} 4 times since we bought it 8 years ago is leaking.......again.
Its making a moldy mess under my kitchen cabinet...sweet.
I turned on our 3 year old flat screen HDTV this morning to hear a lovely high pitched noise....not pleasant.

On the bright side.....

I did manage to thaw out today after having been nearly frozen all week. 
Seriously...it was like 4° yesterday...chilly!

The sun came out today so I finally got out and did some Christmas shopping.
I am soooo far behind it isn't even remotely laughable. 
Or maybe I should just laugh.....that might help.


We have cookie baking day tomorrow with the ladies in our family and I haven't a clue what I will be making.
I should probably make an effort to figure it out since we start baking in approximately 16hours....eek!

 I'm still working on our stockings....hopefully I will have them done by Christmas.

I am pretty sure this isn't what this time of year is supposed to be like. I would love to have my to do list disappear and just focus on the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Does any one else find this really hard to do??

Please don't get me wrong, I am blessed beyond belief and am so very thankful for all that I have.
I just wish all the worldly things wouldn't get so in the way of the real focus of Christmas.


It's not about the gifts....it's about ONE gift.


The birth of our Savior.


We call him Emmanuel.....God with us.


He came, not to be a sweet little baby, but to give us eternal life through his death and resurrection.

That is the real gift of the season.


If I can manage to keep this as my focus there is really no reason to be overwhelmed at all when you stop and think about it.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.   Matthew 11:28

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet reminder. Life has felt overwhelming for lots of reasons but none of it matters. I appreciate you and am so thankful for all you do.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!