Monday, December 14, 2009

Super Easy Toffee Recipe

The other day I mentioned this was my first time making toffee and it turned out just wonderful if I do say so myself :) I found the recipe via someone's blog out there, but now I can't find it to save my life. I did print it off...thank goodness, but I feel bad I don't know where I got it. If you know, please do tell...I'd love to give them {or you} credit.

DSCF8319


We loved this recipe so much it is almost gone so I thought I would make another batch and show you how.....yummy!

Super Easy Toffee
1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds or pecans for the bottom layer
1 cup salted butter
1 cup sugar
1 T. light corn syrup
3 T. water
1/2 bag of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds or pecans for the top layer

DSCF8355
Line a cookie sheet or 9x13 pan with foil and sprinkle 1/2 cup of nuts evenly over the bottom of the pan.
DSCF8353
In a heavy saucepan melt the butter.
DSCF8364
Add the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat to boiling. You will NEED a candy thermometer and don't let it rest on the bottom of your pan or reading will be off. Cook this until it reaches the soft-crack stage or 270°. Don't let it go farther or it will be too hard....unless of course you like yours super possibly crack a tooth hard. Just watch it ...don't leave it.....and stir constantly or it WILL burn.

DSCF8368
As soon as it reaches soft-crack stage gently pour your bubbly mixture evenly over the top of the nuts in your foil lined pan. Let it sit for a couple minutes.
DSCF8371
Sprinkle your chocolate chips over the top and let sit a couple of minutes.
DSCF8373
Use an off-set spatula or the back of a spoon to evenly spread out the melted chips.
DSCF8377
top with the remaining nuts and ever so gently press them into the chocolate a little so they stick to it. 

Let this cool completely. I just put the lid on and stuck it out on my deck for a few minutes at 14° it didn't take long. Break into pieces and enjoy!

I am linking up to Edie's Christmas Cookie ExchangeKimba's DIY day, Tasty Tuesday, Stephanie's Holiday Cookie Exchange and Tempt my tummy Tuesday.   Go check out all the other crafty and tasty things out there in blogland.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Wow...these photos are leaving me drooling..yum!
    I'd love if you'd stop share your recipe with my Cookie Exchange over at A Fine House.

    http://afinehouse.blogspot.com/2009/12/holiday-cookie-exchange-2009.html

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love toffee! Yours looks awesome, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love toffee and I've never made it. I like the idea of the nuts on both sides. I think I could do this...clicking to save it. Thank you!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love toffee. My mom ussed to make it. Last time I tried, it was good the first day, but went real soft and grainy the next day, I think maybe our humidity is too high for toffee.

    I'll just look at your ictures and imagine!

    Troy

    ReplyDelete
  5. love toffee as well as your step by step instructions thanks so much for the easy recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum!!! What a great recipe! I love toffee! Thanks for sharing and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so yummy. I have actually never made toffee. I just might have to start. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This looks fantastic!

    I hope you'll stop by and link up today at my Holly Bloggy Christmas Recipe party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love toffee and you made it look and sound so EASY!!! to make. THANKS!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great. Going to put it on my 2010 Christmas project list for Christmas next year.

    Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy hubby's day would be positively MADE if I fixed this for him. He love love loves toffee!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmm, this looks yummy. I am ashamed to admit that while we love to cook and bake around here, I do not even own a candy thermometer. Maybe Santa will put one in my stocking! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fave toffee recipe is almost exactly like this except with saltine crackers on the bottom of the whole thing. love it. thanks so much for linking with us! merry baking :)
    lots of love,
    edie

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!