Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sugar overload

We had our annual cookie day at my mom's house on Saturday. We baked lots, ate lots, made lots of messes and generally wore ourselves out.

Here's who played along this year

DSCF8309

my Mom {half talking, half smiling}

DSCF8297

my Sis {and baby Madelyn}

DSCF8298

Brittney

DSCF8296

Corban

DSCF8300

and of course...me {don't I look all cute in green frosting...ok, that's not really me :)}

DSCF8301

 I think Kayla {my sis} learned that if you make sugar cookies, you might as well plan on doing nothing else because they take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to bake and decorate, but they were really really super soft and yummy!

DSCF8306

The boys getting in on the decorating action {Josiah joined the party a little later in the day}

DSCF8310

This one bailed on us pretty early in the day in favor of the couch and then she decided to go to her cousin's basketball game instead.

DSCF8319

this was my first stab at making toffee and I must say it is pretty yummy! Not too hard and buttery sweet...just fantastic and I don't even normally like toffee. I used a recipe I found on blog somewhere, but now I can't find the link....uugh!

It was the easiest thing I made all day and also the best! 
I'll share the recipe with you this week 
{luckily, I printed it off}.


 

2 comments:

  1. looks like alot of fun!! thanks for sharing!! i lovee this time of year! can't wait to see the reciepe for the toffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alisa,
    Oh, that looks like so much fun.
    I remember those days of making spritz cookies with my kids and the times friends and I got together and made cookies, it was so much fun! Now we don't eat a lot of those things cause of hubbies heart problems. That toffee looks absolutely delicious.
    Looking forward to the recipe.
    It might work for us you never know.
    Hope you have a great week ahead
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!