Monday, December 28, 2009

Well....Hello there!


I've missed ya my bloggy friends.

There has been family here and Christmasy things to occupy my time so I just haven't had the time to sit down and say much. 

I hope you and your families had a wonderful day celebrating the birth of our Savior. We certainly did!! 

It was a white Christmas here, actually a blizzard on Christmas Eve. Pretty rare here in Kansas City to have a blizzard. It kinda messed up our Christmas Eve since my hubby was obligated to head on to church for service {unbelievably, not canceled}. There wasn't room for all of us in the Jeep and I wasn't about to drive 30 miles in a blizzard and risk getting stranded somewhere so he went alone and we missed him.

Christmas day was wonderful. We got up and opened presents at our house and then headed on over to my parents to hang out with my brothers and sister and their families.

Everybody got what they asked for:

IMG_0875
 The I-Pod touch  for Britt {that thing is pretty cool}

IMG_0905
The Leapster for Josiah

IMG_0899
The Nintedo DS for Corban

IMG_0881
a new guitar pickup so my honey can serenade me with beautiful music

IMG_0887
There was a whole lot of this going on all day as everyone looked on while games were played

IMG_0922
......ahh, the elders teaching the young in the ways of the Pod.....just warms your ♥.

IMG_0928
We did really well this year not going overboard on lots of gifts. This was everything for about 15 of us at my parents house. It really was better not having soooo much stuff! We did good at our house this year too, we only bought about half the gifts we normally do and the kids don't seem to be any worse for it....I think even better!

IMG_0947

Josiah lovin' on this sweet Mr. Tickle that my brother got him.
Just so ya know, that picture up there of my dear daughter is the ONLY decent one I got all day {I threatened to take back the I-Pod} so she smiled. Most of her pics look something similar to this:

IMG_0919

Do they grow out of this???

Now for the clean up....I'm not quite ready yet. Are you a day after cleaner-upper or do you wait a week or so?

We just kinda throw all the new toys and stuff under the tree so there is easy access for a few days. I'm hoping to maybe get it cleaned up on Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Josh and Jenna both got Leapsters for Christmas too. They have barely put the things down since. And, no, we never grow out of the goofy pictures. Just look at the Cooper family photos on Facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have popped on and off of your blog for a few months, but I guess I didn't look where you lived. :) We live in STL, but went to NE for Christmas. Our Christmas services were cancelled as well as some the Sunday after Christmas when we traveled home.

    I thought that Lincoln had a lot of snow, but when we stopped in Smithville, MO, to visit friends they had almost as much. I hope everyone made it where they were going and back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you get for Christmas mom? Was the camera your Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brook- you'll have to let me know if you are ever in the Kansas City area again...maybe we can meet up.

    Shannon- yep, I got my camera and am super happy with it! It was a combined gift from my birthday {in July} and money I had saved up and Christmas so I'm glad to finally have it in my hands. I just need to learn more now so I can use it to it's full potential.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!