Friday, February 12, 2010

A few things I'm lovin'

*****If you are viewing this in Mozilla, sorry things look all wonky. Apparently Blogger and Mozilla are not playing nice this morning. Chrome and Explorer are doing just fine.*****


♥First off, this post about envy by Rachel over at No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane has had me thinking...a lot. It's like she spoke directly to me and you might just feel the same way. You won't regret reading it.

IMG_2822


♥I've been having fun making up these journal covers. 
IMG_2837

The first one I made was totally "fly by the seat of my pants" {the brown one...it's mine}. The pink one I love even more because I thought to put a little hidden elastic loop in the ruffle to put a pen or pencil in.  I don't know about you, but writing utensils seem to disappear around here, so it's nice to know you have one when you sit down to write.

I'm gonna make a few more of these over the next week and put them in my etsy shop. I'll let you know when they actually get there.


♥Let's face it, there is a ton of cute ideas for little girls out there in blog land. ummmm....not so much for boys. 


Well Made and Made by Rae are taking care of that this month with a Celebrate the Boy series. The entire month of February is dedicated to boys. Love it!  There have been lots of neat ideas so far, but here is one of my favorites.
I know my boys would LOVE these bags. Especially with the clone trooper stencil on them. I just need to get the fabric and the other parts and I am so making these. You can find the tutorial at Ambrosia Girl

♥I'm totally behind on my reading the Bible in 90 days, but I have only missed a couple days. I am finding it VERY difficult to read for an hour a day. I do have more of a desire to read the bible than I ever have before and that is a good thing. I'm consistent in my reading so I KNOW that I will finish, but it won't be in 90 days. Bummer, I know, but ok at the same time.  I'm reading...consistently....and enjoying it so I consider it a victory even though I'm going to come up a little short on my original goal. Better late than never....right?

♥This vanity. 
doorfronts

My dad is currently making me some new doors and drawer fronts for my bathroom vanity and it will look very similar {sans baskets}...can't wait.  

 Have a wonderful weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Those journal covers are so adorable. I really am digging them, as well as that vanity. Hmmm... I wonder if I could talk my dad into doing something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be getting one of those journal covers!! You are so talented! Great job!

    BTW~ I am using Mozzila and it looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute vanity!! what are sans baskets? the ones in the pic look very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!