Monday, February 15, 2010

A tale of 2 hospitals

Good news first: Hospital #1


I'm an Aunt....again! Yeah! 


My little sister is a mommy. She had her first baby this morning......Madelyn Kay


6lbs 2oz 19inches long and I'm sure she is beautiful.....I would have a more accurate take on that last part if I had actually seen a picture of her yet {someone please send me a picture!}


I normally would have seen her already, but I haven't.


which leads me to Hospital #2


Josiah is at the Children's Hospital for breathing difficulties. More specifically he can't seem to keep his oxygen saturation above 87 or so without any oxygen. 


The doctors can't quite figure out why. Prayers are greatly appreciated for a open airways and a speedy recovery. 


He has strep and a cold too, but nothing terrible so I'm sure he will be just fine. He strongly dislikes being here and it looks like it will be at least one more night, if not more. He has had lots of breathing treatments and steroids and such, but nothing really seems to be making a difference. 


Thanks for your prayers 


{and someone please send me a picture of my niece....seriously!}

6 comments:

  1. Poor guy! We are definitely praying. And congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your sister, and will be praying for Josiah. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor guy... our family will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're praying for Josiah . . . and you! Hope and pray that he gets lots better quickly!

    Also happy to hear about your sis' new baby girl! Congrats! Did you mention to them that you would like a picture of her???? :)

    Love ya,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alisa,
    So sorry to hear about Josiah being in the hospital, but great news that your lil neice made it into the world with no problems. Hope you get to see her soon.
    Will certainly be praying for Josiah and your sister and baby, and that they both have a speedy recovery.
    Her babies room was just adorable,
    and I saw Auntie Alisa's touches all over the place too!!
    Have a great day,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing more frighting than when your child cannot breathe.
    Prayers for a quick turn around.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!