Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bath towel dilemma solved

Does it drive anyone else nuts when you pick out a nice fluffy clean bath towel, use it and hang it on your hook only to find that one of your short people has used it. 

Crazy.....drives me crazy. 


I don't really like to do laundry more than necessary so yep......crazy.


It's a control thing, I realize this and I'm a bit of a germaphobe


But really, who wants to dry off with a towel when you don't know where it's been? not me. enough said.
Here is the sea of blue, white and brown towels hanging on the back of the door on any given day. The only thing I know for sure is that the polka dot one is Josiah's.


In steps the all mighty miniature clothes pin. Yeah for the clothes pin. I just used sharpies to write our names on them {I get two because I use one to wrap my hair up in one too}. Easy enough...took about 1 minute.





I saw this on a blog a while back, but just can't remember where so please do tell if you know....because I think you are awesome if this was your idea.


Just clip the little suckers on your towel when you hang it up. Even if the kids don't use these faithfully I will and they had best not take my "mom" towel and use it. It freaks me out. 

When not in use they can just clip right onto the towel rack. oh so handy. 




This post is linked up to works for me wednesday, someday crafts, somewhat simple and the boardwalk bragfest

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea. It's cute, clever, and functional. I would love for you to link it to the Boardwalk Bragfest, if you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip. Nice to meet you. Stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you, I hate hate hate to use a towel that someone else has used. Even my kiddos. I am off to make us some nametag clothes pins. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and you did! Thank you so much. It's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Have you thought of giving each child their own color? When my five were little and all sharing the same bath they each had two or three towels in a color that they picked. There were five hooks on the wall and each one was assigned to a specific kid. They each had sippy cups and wash cloths in those colors too. There was never any doubt whose was whose, or who was guilty if a mess was left on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super duper idea...I so hate to have someone use my towel! Hope you have a FUN Thursday:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m having a GIVEAWAY…come by and check it out…I think you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me giggle!
    My husband sneaks around and uses my towel sometimes! I thought I was just weird because it kind of grossed me out...I think its a weird bad bachelor habit like drinking out of the milk carton.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!