Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweet Sliders

IMG_5118
I used to make these all the time, but then I kinda forgot about them {not sure how?} They are very easy and super yummy. Best of all......only THREE ingredients!!


Ground  beef {we used about 1.5lbs}
1 package of Kings Hawaiian sweet rolls {12}
1 sweet yellow onion 
a little butter and salt and pepper too



IMG_5098
I just seasoned my beef with a a little salt and pepper. {I also use lean beef since I do these on the griddle I don't want them sitting in a bunch of grease}. I make as many balls of meat as I have buns {about 2" in size}. 


IMG_5096
Next, I dice my sweet onion and sauté it in a pan with just a little butter { half Tbsp}


IMG_5100
I then add the onion in an even layer on my griddle. You could also use a cast iron skillet or heavy bottom skillet of some sort. 


IMG_5102
heat your griddle or skillet to medium-high {you want it pretty hot} and place your meatballs on top of the onions and press the meatballs flat with a spatula. Once the first side is cooked and is a little browned, flip and cook on the second side until done. 

Serve on your sweet rolls with with the extra grilled onions piled on top. 

Yummo! Enjoy 1 {or 3}


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I love it, easy and yummy! I will have to try these! Hubby loves beef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I wish I had a griddle like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im actually making sliders this week! I haven't thought about cooking the meat with an onion; I should try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so good! I could just eat the rolls by themselves! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, those look really good! I love sliders and hawaiian rolls. What a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound delicious and much easier than my current recipe! Thanks for sharing your recipe! ps. I really love the verses in your sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! These look really easy to make too (I've never made sliders because they seemed like too much work). Thanks for posting!

    ~Aubree Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look awesome! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!