Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It has begun

The gardening season has finally really begun around here. We have planted 6 tomato plants, an orange pepper plant and some green beans that Josiah started at preschool. We’ve also planted some sugar snap peas, radish, onions, garlic, lettuce and carrots.

We got them all planted and watered in really well and then it rained for 5 days {of course}. Our backyard is a bit soppy now, but the garden has been well watered.
 


IMG_4953
My little helper at work. He loves to help and I love having his help so we make a good team.

IMG_4952
We still have another garden bed to make and get planted with herbs and veggies, but personally I can’t wait until it’s harvest time.

Is that rushing things a bit? Possibly I should slow down and enjoy the process more.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I love seeing peoples garden posts. It's so exciting planting veg, we did it last year and although some of ours are being eaten by bugs we're still trying ;-) Hopefully we'll still have something to harvest this summer!
    Have a great day
    Hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Checking out what you're up to today. I having my first weekly Button Swap Blog Hop over at my blog where bloggers can swap buttons. Swapping buttons helps bloggers reach new readers and expand their audiences

    You can check it out at http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/button-swap-blog-hop.html
    if your interested.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!