Friday, May 28, 2010

Refreshingly Tasty Pineapple Water

708383125_e8061b5c4f_b
Do you like pineapple?

I mean FRESH pineapple. I do. It is so much better than the canned stuff {although I use it in recipes all the time}.

In our neck of the rolling plains they are very in season, which equates to cheaper than normal and sweeter than normal. I’m guessing it’s the same most everywhere. 

A lot of people out there have never even bought a fresh pineapple. If that’s the case for you, please go buy one and see what you are missing. do it now.  If you haven’t bought one just because it looks too intimidating {really it’s  not} then go check out
Meg’s post on cutting up a fresh pineapple. Pretty simple really…do not be afraid.

IMG_5347Not only can you have yummy fresh pineapple to eat, but you can also have some refreshing pineapple water with nearly no extra work.

When you cut up your pineapple save all the hard core pieces and any of the extra pieces that you might slice off {not the outside}. Stick them in a pitcher and cover with water. Let this sit in the fridge for a few hours and now you have a refreshing fruity beverage. You can add a little mint to your water as well. I normally strain each glass, but you certainly don’t have to.

So simple, yet so tasty.

this post is linked to Foodie Friday, Food on Friday, Mouthwatering Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday at the table and Tempt my tummy Tuesday 

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea. I very often buy fresh pineapple and this is a wonderful way to use those pieces that you often toss in the trash. Thanks for this suggestion. LOVE it.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Carolyn in the comment above--I *love* this idea! Such a clever recycling or even "repurposing" of the otherwise unwanted bits! Just today I was craving something other than plain water. This would have been perfect! Thanks for linking to Food on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Maybe this will help me more of a water drinker :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I do it with oranges, lemons and lime but I never thought to do it with pineapple. We live less than 10 minutes from the Dole Plantation, so pineapple is a staple in our household. This is a great way to use up the stuff we usually just throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never thought to do this with pineapple, yet I've had wonderfully flavored water at my hairdressers.
    Thanks for the tip as well as the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum!

    I ADORE fresh pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! I LOVE fresh pineapple. We were spoiled and able to go to Kauai many years in a row before my daughter was born. There is nothing like fresh pineapple while enjoying the Hawaiian islands! Thanks for the pineapple water tip and for linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea! I'm trying to drink more water these days, and have been reading about some other flavored waters--this sounds by far the easiest and most delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. brilliant idea! why have i only just now found out about your blog... i came to it by way of 'the shabby nest'. love it!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!