Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A little water fun

I got the wild idea this morning to take the boys to the summer free movies that started at 10am.

Problem being it was 9am at the time and I hadn’t taken a showered yet, the boys weren’t dressed AND it takes about 30 minutes to get to this particular theatre.

This all equals about 30 minutes to shower, get ready, get the boys ready and be out the door in some presentable fashion.

We did it  {We even had time to get a coke at McDonalds…my main addiction, we’ll talk about that another day} Let’s just say I wasn’t sitting through a two hour kids movie without a little caffination.

IMG_6087
When we came out of the movie the boys {along with 253 other kids} wanted to play at the fountain. They began by surveying the situation. Plotting their course of action. {I’m in the background saying “don’t get soakin’ wet!}  Please note the stylin’ shoe sock combo Josiah came up with.IMG_6095 It’s all good, we will just stick our hands in a little. Mom won’t care.IMG_6096 We’ve moved on to a little splashing and giggling. Still not soaked. Mom is still happy.IMG_6107The final move. Head in water, but clothes are still relatively dry. Mom is still happy and so is he.
IMG_6110
A day of fun in Kansas really isn’t complete without a walk on the yellow brick road.

This post is linked up to: You Capture


summer_thumb[3]

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were going to be at the Legends. *insert whine here* We would've met you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UHG I totally forgot about the free movies!! I need to check into that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding your blog. Your boys are just like mine. Whenever I say don't get soaked, they make sure they get their heads wet :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping over to my blog :) You have some great photos of your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how kids can have fun with almost anything, I am trying to recapture that spirit myself these days, at least a little bit. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love water fountains, but I always want to go swimming after I see one! Awesome pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny! I have a yellow brick road in my You Capture post this week too! What are the odds of that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun and a good way to cool down and they managed to stay somewhat dry - PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures - looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like they had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those photos are beautiful.

    Nice to find your blog.

    Blessings. xxx

    <")>><

    www.everydayiwalkwithyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great day, I wouldn't mind a fountin on a hot day either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like so much fun and I would love to take a walk on the yellow brick road.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember doing that as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have learned to be prepared whenever there is water! boys will be SOAKED!
    i stopped trying to fight it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That place looks like SO much fun! I love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for not getting soaked!! :D

    The yellow brick road is too cool!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!