Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Menu plan week of 5/31/10

We had a great holiday weekend working around the house on several projects. I can definitely say it was a productive weekend, but not very relaxing. Nor will today be. The inside of the house is in total disarray and the laundry pile is 3.2 miles high, but I think it was all worth it. My hubby may {or may not} agree.  

I did manage to make two new recipes this weekend and they were both very delicious.
blackbeanburger
The first was out of desperation and knowing that I had some leftover brown rice in the fridge and black beans in the pantry.
Southwest brown rice and black bean burgers are really delicious and good for you. We served ours sans buns and with fresh guacamole and some garden tomatoes. My hubby was skeptical when I told him what I was going to make, but even he thought they were great.

Last night I had the pleasure of cooking for my four favorite fellows. My hubby, boys and my dad. I made 
Spicy Honey Chicken from Our best bites. It was really tasty in a smoky spicy sweet kinda way. I know the recipe calls for using chicken thighs, but I use chicken breasts and we thought it was just great.  I would have snapped a photo, but it was devoured too quickly.

Here is my plan for the rest of the week:

Tuesday: I’m not really fixing anything because it will just be Josiah and I this evening.

Wednesday:
Baked chicken parmesan with whole wheat spaghetti and salad.

Thursday: Salmon patties with macaroni and cheese and peas.

Friday:
Meatball Souvlaki sandwiches with homemade pitas

Saturday: Southwest chicken with corn and black bean succotash with salad

Sunday: Lunch out and dinner will be leftovers

What will you cook this week? I’ve never made homemade pitas before….any suggestions on recipe or technique?



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, those rice and black bean burgers look amazing. I'll have to give them a try!

    Love your new header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and it's wonderful. This recipe looks wonderful, and my husband is a vegetarian, so I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks for the info. I look forward to coming back.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!