Tuesday, June 15, 2010

No bake Peanut Butter Granola bars

IMG_6296
These are so quick and easy. Even more importantly, they are healthy and tasty. Here is how I make them:


No Bake Peanut Butter Granola bars

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2 T. Real Maple syrup

1 T. canola oil
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups rolled oats
2 cups puffed brown rice cereal { I use  rice krispies}
1/2 cup chopped nuts {peanuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds….your choice}
1/2 cup dried fruit {raisins, craisins, apricots, figs…..your choice}
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/2 tsp salt

Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with some non stick spray.
Heat the first seven ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat until bubbly and hot {approx. 4-5 minutes}. Keep stirring so as not to scorch it. In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Once the peanut butter mixture is melted and bubbly remove from heat and pour on top of the dry ingredients. Fold in carefully until completely incorporated.  Pour into the baking dish and press evenly into the bottom of the pan. I put a sandwich baggie on my hand and use it to push the mixture into the pan so as not to get all sticky. Put in the refrigerator to cool, cut into bars or squares and enjoy!
 

this post is linked to: Tasty Tuesday, Temp my tummy Tuesday, Tuesday Tastes, Tuesday at the Table, Mouthwatering Mondays



Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. This sound delicious! And I love that they don't have to be baked. Not turning on the oven during the summer is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these sound great! I'm so glad you shared this recipe. I will be trying soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to give this a try. The one we made is baked and I'm going on an oven strike this summer...it's already too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I tried to make granola bars for the first time a few weeks ago, but the recipe was NOT healthy...it had sweetened condensed milk in it! So, these will be much better for our family to snack on. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always looking for easy and yummy. Gotta make these! :-) Thanks. I'm your newest follower from Tuesdays at the Table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound great! We go through so many granola bars and those things aren't cheap! I will definitely be trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing Alisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No bake! Awesome! I just might try these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious! I can't wait to make these for my kiddos! I love all the flavors you use and how versatile the recipe is to adapt to personal tastes! Thanks for bringing your dish over to Tuesday Tastes! The People's Choice Polls are open so come by and cast your vote when you get a chance!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

    http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/06/tuesday-tastes-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sooooo going to make these!!! I'm so excited! I've been wanting to make my own as much as my kids eat them, we'd save a bundle if we made our own, and this recipe is simple and yummy enough I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!