Friday, July 30, 2010

Some sweets for thought

I really like to make desserts, but I don’t generally make them just for us because I can’t be trusted not to eat them all it’s not that good for us. During the school year I make a couple of desserts each week for our Wednesday family night at church and I love it because I get to eat a piece and the rest just disappears so I don’t have to worry about eating too much.

Well, apparently I am going through some sort of dessert making withdrawal.

I took a look at
my tumblr page where I bookmark ideas I want to remember and what did I find…….lots of sweet stuff……literally.

I think I’ve made only one dessert all summer and that was to take to a cookout.

shame on me……..this must be corrected!

what should I make????

blueberrycrumbcakehow about this blueberry crumb cake from PW?  This looks so tasty!

applefritters Slightly more time intensive, but I’m certain they would be well worth my time. Apple fritters from Prudent baby

monkey-squares-stackThese monkey squares from the Girl who ate everything look moist and delish! 


banana-monkey-bars1-400x300 How about these banana monkey bars from A soft place to land. I’ll be honest and let you know right now that I won’t be delivering these to my neighbors like Kimba did…..just keeping it real folks.  {I do think it’s  kinda funny that I have two different things on my list that have “monkey” in their name}

banana-pops I have very fond memories of getting chocolate dipped frozen bananas on the beach in California as a child so these…..these I NEED to make for my kids. You can find the recipe for chocolate-peanut butter dipped bananas over at Simple bites along with some other frozen treats. {maybe I have some sort of potassium deficiency….that’s now 3 with banana’s in them}

snickerdoodle blondiesLast, but certainly not least are these delish looking snickerdoodle blondies from baking bites. Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies, but I really like the ease of making blondies so these are sort of calling my name.

What would you make or have you made any good desserts lately that you SHOULD share with me? I’d love to know.
  

I hope you have a sweet weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Those all look delicious! Now I'm craving something sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend and I made the PW crumb cake with fresh blueberries last night! DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame on you. I just started a diet . . . today! Sweets are my downfall. I'm now drooling. I'm going to go eat some fruit.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!