Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The very best peach cobbler


Well, in my opinion it’s the best.
IMG_7688

This recipe is so good and it’s fun because you layer the ingredients in the pan and they come out in reverse…….magic!  Ok, not magic, but still cool.

It takes very little to entertain me.

The Very Best Peach Cobbler {
via Tidymom}

4 cups peeled peaches
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 & 3/4 cup sugar (divided)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar



Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. IMG_7671 Any recipe that starts with melting a stick of butter in your 9x13 pan has to be good right? So go ahead and do just that.

If this bothers you, just look away. It’s for the greater good .


IMG_7673In a mixing bowl combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl. Add milk and egg to flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter over melted butter in glass dish.  DO NOT STIR

IMG_7676 Put your peaches in a bowl, add 3/4 cup sugar along with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Spoon peaches gently over batter. DO NOT STIR.

IMG_7679 Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar over top of peaches and batter.

IMG_7683Bake cobbler for 30-40 minutes or until batter is golden brown. Mine baked for about 35 minutes, but I had to put a piece of foil lightly on top for the last 10 minutes so it didn’t burn.

Best when served with a smile and a little scoop of vanilla ice cream!


Enjoy!

this post is linked to Show and Share day, Remodelaholic & Weekend wrap up

12 comments:

  1. As if your peachy Tuesday photo wasn't enough! The cobbler looks delightful... I hope you enjoyed every bite:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had no peach ANYthing yet this season! I'm going to the farmers' market this afternoon, so I'm really glad you posted this recipe. I need this. Bad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peach cobbler is my favorite!!! Your recipe sounds wonderful. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I still can't seem to get my peach cobbler to turn out just right. I will have to try your recipe. Did you use all purpose flour or self rising flour?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that looks amazing! My fiance loves peach cobbler so I'm definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, I made this for company on Saturday and it was all gobbled up, delish! It really makes it using fresh peaches, I found it a little sweet but no one else agreed!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, if you wanted to make one of those and bring it to a friend who just had a human being ripped out of her, I would be willing to volunteer! :) LOL. Just kidding. No seriously. Mmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so great!!! Perfect way to "get rid of" my last jars of canned peaches (I'm SO sick of looking at them, haha)!! Your blog is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    My husband (the chef of my home) discovered this recipe during a Google search and you're right. It is the Very Best Peach Cobbler recipe! Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across your recipe for peach cobbler. I have been baking and cooking for a lot of years (think grandmother here) and have tried many peach cobbler recipes. This will now be the only one I use for fresh peaches. I think the secret to this perfect dough is using a 9x13 pan. I had the flour and sugar mixed together when I realized I was out of baking powder. I packaged it up and saved it for another recipe and used self rising flour. I thought the sweetness was perfect and I adored the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg (I used fresh grated nutmeg...it makes a world of difference). Thanks for this delicious recipe. Looking forward to reading your blog. Nanatofive2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. I suppose you could use self rising flour if you wanted to delete the baking powder, but I have made this recipe many times with all purpose flour and it always turns it perfect :)

      Delete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!